About CambridgeCambridge is the leading flatware source for almost every major retailer in North America from Crate & Barrel, Bed Bath & Beyond and Bloomingdales to Walmart, Target and Kohls. We are a design driven company that believes that creativity is our greatest strategic advantage.
We are currently seeking a smart, creative and talented designer to add to our staff at the corporate office in northern NJ. For the right candidate the position is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced creative environment where design is a daily discussion. If the idea of seeing your product on shelves across the country excites you then Cambridge might be the right place for you.
Responsibilities* Regularly shop the retail market seeking new sources of inspiration and trend that could be relevant to our category of business.
* Produce cohesive concept presentations for internal review including tear sheets, hand sketches/renderings and market samples to help communicate design ideas.
* Responsible for creating mechanical drawings and supplying reference material for our modeling team to build from.
* Will need to partner with account managers and sales team to stay aware of changing strategies and ensure design concepts remain focused and ultimately meet the project objectives.
* Work with modeling team to ensure the integrity of your design is maintained while making allowances for ease of manufacturing and production.
Qualifications* Must be a positive, motivated self-starter who is both creative and collaborative.
* Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design or Fine Arts.
* Minimum of 5 years experience designing tabletop, home decor, jewelry or related field where form development is key to the product.
* Strong communication skills a must, both visual and verbal.
* Very strong sketching and hand rendering skills.
* Your portfolio should demonstrate your ideation process through sketching, research and trend inspiration.
* Past experience designing product for mass retail preferred.
* Fluent in Photoshop and Illustrator. Understanding of Solidworks a plus but not required.
* Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
* Able to manage multiply projects simultaneously from concept to completion, work quickly and meet short deadlines.
If interested, please submit a copy of your resume and examples of your work to dTierney@camsil.com